WHAT IS eco:sense?
- Environmentally conscious electronic products
- Utilising left over stalk from harvesting wheat grain
- Traditionally it is burned, contributing to green house gases & air pollution; creating a public health hazard. However, these stalks still have value. We reclaim this material and use the wheat straw in our products.
WHY USE IT?
- Plastic products can take up to 1000 years to biodegrade, posing a threat to wildlife and damaging our planet in the process.
- Since the 1950’s it is estimated that 8.3bn tonnes of plastic have been produced worldwide, 9% of which has been recycled
- We reduce the amount of plastic used for our consumer products by 35%
OUR eco:sense PACKAGING DESIGNS
All of our packaging is made from 100% sustainably sourced recycled material, using eco-friendly inks, and is fully biodegrable!
WHAT EXACTLY IS ECO FRIENDLY ABOUT OUR eco:sense RANGE?
- We carefully balance wheat straw with ABS free BPA plastic
- We offer Biodegradable security tamper seals (no more shrink wrap)
- Certified 100% recycled and recyclable packaging
- Sustainable and eco friendly ink
- Electronics/gadgets with up to 35% less plastic
- Utilises wheat straw by products that are usually burned by the agricultural industry
WHAT ARE THE eco:sense GOALS?
- Help customers reduce their carbon footprint
- Working with our component suppliers towards 100% plastic free electronic products
OUR eco:sense PACKAGING DESIGNSAll of our packaging is made from 100% sustainably sourced recycled material, using eco-friendly inks, and is fully biodegrable!
HOW IS IT MADE?We repurpose wheat straw material, carefully combining it with ABS plastic that is Bisphenol A free through a polymerisation process. Before molding it into our diverse range of products that contain a minimum of 35% less plastic.
NUWAVE IS PLAYING ITS PART
We care deeply about the planet and creating a business that gives back to nature. That’s why we’re thrilled to share that we’re partnering with One Tree Planted / @onetreeplanted.
Trees clean our air and water, create habitats for biodiversity, contribute to our health and wellbeing, and create jobs for social impact. We’re honored to have reforestation through One Tree Planted as an integral part of our business model.
Although our products are still reliant on plastic, and not completely bio-degradable…YET, we are taking BIG strides in reducing the amount of plastic we put into OUR world.
We are working closely with research institutions and packaging manufacturers who are making great progress in this area; and we all believe that it is only a matter of time before we will have a material that is as strong and versatile as ABS plastic, but fully bio-degradable.